Current Openings: 1
- Ensures the highest standards of environmental safety and operational excellence by effectively managing the day-to-day operations of the landfill.
- Minimizes operational costs while maximizing efficiency, maintaining safety, and environmental compliance.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to the EDOP.
- Assists in the budget process as required.
- Assists with landfill inspections
- Contributes to periodic safety and operation among employees.
- Updates and submits required reports.
- Site is permitted to receive waste 24×7 and the Operations Manager is expected to be available by phone at all reasonable times
- Works with technical guidance from General Manager/ Regulatory compliance manager.
Responsible for daily operations, which includes:
- Compliance with all applicable approvals. regulations. policies and standard operating procedures
- Trafficability within the facility at all times
- Completion of all reports and checklists required by the EDOP, polices and standard operating procedures
- Maximizing the utilization of cell capacity and managing leachate
- Ensuring expeditious screening, recording, processing of waste loads as they are received
- Qualified to operate the land fill, and will possess the following:
- A thorough understanding of the landfill construction, operation. and monitoring procedures, as specified in the governing permit documents.
- Knowledge of the applicable rules, regulations, permits and conditions.
- Combination of appropriate work experience and/or documented completion of classroom or field training programs relevant to heavy equipment operation and personnel management.
REQUIRED OPERATION TRAINING:
- Depending on background complete a commercially offered waste screening course (i.e. SWANA or comparable)
- To identify prohibited wastes and procedures if they are discovered.
- Storm water management
- Leachate tracking and disposal.
- Analytical thinker who can multi-task and is extremely organized.
- Proven leader. team player, motivator. and clear communicator.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work is performed in an office environment as well as outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Site is permitted for receipt of exploration and production wastes and safety must be a prime consideration in the handling of all wastes.
- Ability to lift 25 – 50 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to sit at desk and use computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stretch. reach and kneel throughout the workday.
- The noise environment may occasionally be moderate to loud.
- The Operations Supervisor may be asked from time to time to assist Management in other matters as may be relevant to the duties and job requirements specified herein.
- Reports directly to the General Manager
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Compensation commensurate with experience level.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a drug screen and background check after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
*Pawnee Waste LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year